Monday, March 27, 2006

Brokeback Mountain


I think I was the last person at my school to watch Brokeback Mountain but I finally watched it last night (the school shows movies for free most Sunday nights). It was actually really good, and very sad. I didn't think I would be able to understand a romantic relationship between two men but i could compleatly relate to some of the things they were feeling (except the obvious im married to a woman and want to be with a man sort of problems). I think it's the kind of movie that Leah would give me disapproving looks all through but I still think Leah you might be able to enjoy it. I think the most disturbing part didn't even involve Heath Ledger and Jake's "relations" it actually had to do with a quick shot of a certain character's breasts (if/when you see it you should know what I mean).
Well that's about it :)
Wait...Just kidding that's not it. Today in my studio class (a.k.a. slow boring torture) we had to make a group project that involved touch, hearing and sight. so we took and orange and put paper clips on it to make it pointy, then wrapped a little string around the paper clips then made kind of a little ladder with wood and rubber bands and attached it to the orange and a chain of rubber bands on the other side of the orange so you could make the orange bounce when you hold the ends, anyway on each step of the ladder we wrote "Lick Me", "Touch Me" "Smell Me", "Break Me (because it kept falling apart)", "Hear Me" and then "Fuck Me". So it was basically 3 hours of trying to B.S. a project, the teacher actually liked it, and the other groups just kept saying how sexual they thought it was, and trust me if you didn't look at the writing you wouldn't think anything about it was sexual. So we did the math and we pay about $500/class, which means I paid $500 today to make a mutated sexual piece of fruit. It was a sad, sad day.

10 comments:

Jess-Beast said...

I MUST see that movie.

It's just never going to play around here...

Me said...

It was a good movie, yes the intimate scene kin of made me jump due to the suddenness of it. But still good... and very sad.

Myles said...

I've heard from everyone I've talked to, that is was no differant then any other romantic movie. It was just two guys. I havent seen it, nor do I think I will. It's just an overhyped movie that Ang Lee made to make people forget about the Inredible Hulk.

And I agree with you, I would get seriously pissed if I had to pay $500 to create the kind of "art" that makes me mad anyway.

Leah said...

Me, "Leah"? why would I be making funny looks? I haven't seen this movie and I don't think I want to. I've seen the performed by bunnies version on the web!!

Jess-Beast said...

Leah-

It is my perogative to expand your movie watching horizon. There are so many works of art out there that push the edge of Cinamatography.

When I come back I am going to make your movie education one of my top priorities (aside from getting a job so I can pay for college).

Laurel said...

that quote is going on my facebook wall!

Leah said...

Yes...I'm so glad Jess cares sooo much about my education!!!!

Ashley said...

I just hope that this education doesn't result in Leah falling in love with middle aged men

Jess-Beast said...

i don't love all middle aged men. Just the good looking ones. They're on fire! :P

Leah said...

No...a nice 20 year old man would be nice!!!